The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Re-Open Statement

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jajcen Harris
Occasional Contributor

Request Re-Open Statement

Hello All,

I am trying to figure out with the Request re-open statement, can you put a security group on it so that others cannot see it? I would like to make it so people can just open request again and again. Thanks!!!
5 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Request Re-Open Statement

Hi,

Sorry, no, the Reopen button is either on or off - you can't assign security to it.

What you can do, is create a special decision step and give access to it to only the group you wish to have reopen access. Assign this step as the Reopen step and create a transition from it to your workflow's first step.

This way, anyone can click Reopen but the reopen has to be 'approved' by someone before it goes back through the workflow.
Jajcen Harris
Occasional Contributor

Thanks alot! That a wonderful idea! Thank you for the prompt answer as well.
Jajcen Harris
Occasional Contributor

Answer Received.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Erik,
if request in "canceled" state (not in any WF state)the reopen button allow to. How be in this case?
HP support tel me that this is desing and open ER but how long time for this i don't know! In previouse version (7.1 sp6) reopen requet be allow only for users who can cancel request grant. In this 7.5 another disign. may be in 7.1 was BUG?
In 8.x same design?
Thanks in advise!
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, in 8.0 it is also set such that a user without the cancel request grant can re-open it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event