Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Request_Id token is not resolving in Table Component rules.

Highlighted
SriChaw
Frequent Contributor.

Request_Id token is not resolving in Table Component rules.

Hi,

I am calling a function by passing request_id token as parameter from table component rules, and when the rule is fired, request_id token is not getting resolved correctly.

Below is the function call,

GNWM_KIT_SEQ_UPDATE('[REQ.REQUEST_ID]','[TE.VP.P_KIT_LOC]','[TE.VP.P_KIT_SEQ]','[TE.VP.P_KIT_FORM]')

It is returning '[TE.VP.P_KIT_FORM]' token value in place of '[REQ.REQUEST_ID]'.

Please let me know if am missing or passing token differently/Incorrectly.

Best Regards.

3 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Request_Id token is not resolving in Table Component rules.

Keep in mind that the request id does not exist before the request is submitted. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do and when in the process you are doing it?

SriChaw
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Jim!

Yes! Request is submitted and I have request# in hand(Current request status is 2 statuses ahead from 'Not Submitted' status)
Rule is written on the field change of one of the column in table component and rule has to return vale from the function.

Business requirement:

While entering new record in table component, function is called from rule to check one of the column value of previous record entry.

A Apple 1 5/10/2013 -----(Old Record)

B Apple 2 5/15/2013---- (New Record)

Rule need to be fired when 'B' record is entered and need to compare/look the values of Record 'A'

SriChaw
Frequent Contributor.

We have applied patch 9.14.0005 and it worked.