Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports

Highlighted
vijay sarathy
Occasional Contributor

Reports

Could any one help me getting export to excel link on a report? Do anyone have created a customized JSP for the same?

Thanks,
Vijay
8 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reports

Hello Vijay,
we had a customized report in use that opened as an Excel file. Basically it is a standard report in which the following was added:
<%
response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
response.addHeader("content-disposition", "inline; filename=PortletExport.xls");
%>
It is no longer in use as we do not use the standard PPM report engine (not flexible enough). Instead we use JasperReports. This engine can create Excel files as well. "BIRT" would have been an option as well.
Regards
Sascha
vijay sarathy
Occasional Contributor

Sascha,

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for the late response.
I am not able to get where this piece of code should be integerated?
Where should I add this code to get the link?
What I tried earlier is creating a cusotmized link on the report and pointing the link to a JSP capable of opening excel in browser.(This is done in the PL/SQL Proc)
I am not able to design the JSP.
Is your code taken from an explicit JSP file created?If so could you help me with the entire file?
Nir Hadar
Occasional Contributor

Hello Vijay,
I wondered if you got an answer to your question, I'm struggling with the same problem.
Thanking you in advance.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

I would like to answer
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

file
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

6th or so try:
the solution is not very nice (see source code), but it worked at the time. The report is no longer in use here.
I attached the jsp to my previous post for your reference.
It has been a modified standard report that displays as an excel file in a browser window.
vijay sarathy
Occasional Contributor

Sascha,

Thanks. Checked your file. you have modified an existing application page(JSP)(RequestQuickViewReport.jsp).With no prior idea on the JSP i am not able to exactly find out where the functionality achieved. But I guess this must be achieved in RequestReportExcel.jsp(in the following path /web/knta/crt/rpt/)(you can find this in the bottom content of your file where you create the Eport to Ecel link).could you help me with this JSP file RequestReportExcel.jsp?
vijay sarathy
Occasional Contributor

Hello Nir Hadar ,

Would feel great if you can share whatever you have interpreted from the file Sascha uploaded and also any improvement in your findings.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event