The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports and Forums

Highlighted
Animesh Wadhera
Occasional Contributor

Reports and Forums

I have two queries:
1) Is it possible to send reports that are generated through mails to the user so that the people outside the system can see it
2) Is there any place where we can have forums and where we can update the details to the customer and customer can come and see details about the company and can reply to the message.
5 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reports and Forums

Hi Animesh.
1) It's impossible. For View report need login in PPM
2)?
Good Lack
Animesh Wadhera
Occasional Contributor

1) In my case I want to send that report to the customer through mail so how can i do that and from which button.

2) I want to create a white board where i can update project or program realted achivements or company related information and then customer can see it out directly.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Animesh, if what you are trying to achive is to have non-ppm users to access information from ppm you will most likely need an addon tool like a report engine to generate that information outside of ppm.
Obviously users accessing info in ppm are expected to have a licence.
For your second question, you can set up a forum software besides ppm, but then you need to decide on what information and how (also as an attached report?) you want to do that.
Regards
Sascha
Animesh Wadhera
Occasional Contributor

Currently what we do is generate data from the reports and then send it to users through printout. Now what we want is to generate reports from PPM and then send those reports only to users through mail we dont want to give any access to customers on any tool.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

You could use a third party reporting tool like BIRT or JasperReport (or Business Objects of course), have that generate the report and save it to a temp folder and than have some kind of that sends the reports it finds there. Can be any kind of tool, VB, Java, ...
The only difficult point will be the addressing. Easiest way would probably be to put the address in file name and extract it from there, so you would not need an additional lookup somewhere.
Regards
Sascha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event