cancel

Reporting Time(Actual Effort)

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Reporting Time(Actual Effort)

Hi
I use 7.1 sp 5.
I need set field "Actual effort" as requered in "My task portlet" or in task in work plan.
If user set this field = 0 system send warnung only and allow set 0. If use Time Sheet all fine. But me time reporting separated. Any users use TS any report time via "My task portlet" or work plan.
How it possible
3 REPLIES
Bradley Bertole
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Reporting Time(Actual Effort)

Hi Semenov,

I would like to help, but am a little confused about your query. Please clarify a few things for me, if you would:

1. Is "Actual Effort" CURRENTLY required, or are you trying to set it as required?

2. For the warnings, does is CURRENTLY send the warnings correctly? If not, please clarify.

3. Finally, please clarify "time reporting separated". Is this a goal or a problem?

Thanks, Semenov--I will subscribe to this thread.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Bradley.
1. I trying to set "Actual Effort" as required.
2. Warnings send correctly.
3. Time reporting separated.
Thanks
Bradley Bertole
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Semenov,

The "Actual Effort" field actually cannot be set as required, in the "My Task" portlet or in the Work Plan.

I think the reasoning behind this is that the "Actual Effort" is supposed to be determined not in the beginning stages, but later down the line, once the effort has actually been logged.

This is what I personally would recommend it for. If you are concerned with reports on the actual effort at the outset of projects, it is possible that you should be running them on the scheduled effort.

Please let me know if this helps.