Did you mean: 

Reopen step security

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Reopen step security

Good Day
I use 7.5 sp 3.
I have issue: all users can reopen requests but whey can't cancel request and have't edit all request grants.Thats wrong
Thanks
7 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Reopen step security

Hi Alex,
You are telling that the end users have option to 'Reopen Request' button but they don't have the cancel Request option. Am I right?

The Re-open button will appear for all if you have entered a valid Workflow step in the 'Reopen Step' field which is present in 'Workflow' Tab of Workflow.

For making the Cancel button available to everyone you have to choose the 'Request Type' -> 'User Access' You have to check the check box against the defined Security Group.

Kindly let me know if I am not clear.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,Mahendran.
Thanks for responce.
You mean if users have access to 1-t step which set as reopen then whey have access to 'Reopen' button?
Kindly let me know if I am not clear.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex,
If the Re-open step is blank, The end users cannot see the 'Re-open Request' button in the request.

If the Re-open step has some valid workflow step name(Shown in the snapshot) then end users can see the 'Re-open Request' button in the request.

I hope the end users should have 'Demand Management' licence with 'view request','Edit Request' access grants.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,Mahendran.
How possible to disable for same users this reopen button.
All my users have Demand Management license and edit request grants.
This means if user can create request then hi can reopen request?
For example I have project request wich can crate only 1 group. If this projec canceled or complete no one user can't reopen this except users from 1 sequrity group.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Let me re-frame your Question.

You are having a Request type and you want only one security group(Say 'Project Managers') resources to create, cancel, Delete and Re-open that request.

The people who don't have 'Project Managers' security group should not have any access in this Request Type. Am I Right?

For this.... Please define the access in 'Request Type' -> 'User Access' tab.

If it is a Project Type, Then open the project type and define the access in "Configure Access" at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re-open doesn't have security by itself, so what we have done here is to allow re-open but make the re-open step a decision step that only the "allowed" group has access to. That way, if someone reopens by mistake or shouldn't be allowed to, there is a level of control such that it can be re-closed or allowed to re-open by that group.

Hope this helps.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event