Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen a cancelled project

Highlighted
Sebas Prieto
Occasional Advisor

Reopen a cancelled project

An user has cancelled a project and we need to reopen it.

Any idea on how can i do this?

thanks

7.1 sp4
7 REPLIES
Tim Brandish
Frequent Visitor

Re: Reopen a cancelled project

If you have a Re-Open step specified in the workflow, you should see a reopen button at the bottom right corner of the request.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sebas,

You can select a re-open step (select the workflow step from where you want to re-open the workflow and go-through the workflow again). Once you do that refresh the cancelled request screen, and it should show the Re-Open button at the end of the screen in the Status section. User or admin can then click on that button, which will re-open the project request.

Once the request is opened, then you can remove the re-open step from the workflow from workbench again, so this does not remain as a permanent feature on that project request type. If you want to keep this as a feature for the users you can leave the re-open step in workflow as it is so users will be able to re-open any cancelled or closed requests whenever they want. But its usually good not to have this, since users may re-open any closed requests also whenever they want which can mess the system based on how your workflows and processes are in the system.
Richard Woodman
Super Collector

You mentioned that User or admin can then click on that button, which will re-open the project request.

I beleive that User or admin will have to be defined in Security in the close step in order for them to have the security required to reopen the request (once you have defined a re-open step).

Carolyn Barmeie
Super Collector

Hi, I have added the option to re-open when a request is closed. The button does show and I select it. (I have set the security on the step iwth a group I am in). It appears to be in a loop, which just sends me back to closed step. When I look at the graphic view, the re-open step is active but no fields are available. I have set the fields to be editable on the status dependencies tab when the status is Closed. What step have I missed? Thanks, Carolyn
Carolyn Barmeie
Super Collector

Nevermind, I got my answer. I was interpreting the re-open step incorrectly.
Thanks, Carolyn
Carolyn Barmeie
Super Collector

Can security be applied to the re-open button? I put a security group on the close step and the re-open step of one group. Then went in as a user from a group not defined on either step and I was still able to select the re-open button. Is there a access grant assoicated with this button to limit who can re-open a project/request?

Thanks, Carolyn
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi!
solution in Attachment:
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event