SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Reopen Request button allow for all users

Good Day for ALL.
I use 7.5 sp 4 and have seriouse issue:

We have an request type. This request can create all users. In user acces tab this users can't cancel or delete request. This abiliry only for 1 sequrity grup. This users not in this group.
In WP setting in last STEP allow only 1 SG.
after closing request for all users allow button "Reopen Request". How it's possible?

In HP support i have this answer:

I would like to let you know the reopen button cannot be removed from requests at will, If you enable reopening of your requests, all your users will be able to see the button, this is by design. However, a very common practice is to add a new step in your workflow (after your close with success step with a transition from it) with permissions to the security group(s) you want to be able to reopen the request, and set that workflow step as the one the request will land when people click on the "reopen request" button.

This step can then have a transition to the step you actually want to make users go when it is reopen, but ONLY the people having access to the previous decision step will be able to see that.

We have seen this implemented in many of our customer's instances without any problems so I see no issues in implementing it in your organization. Please do let me know your feedback once you have implemented the solution.

Plese help me!May be you have same issue or you solve this by any another way!!!
Thanks in advice!!

9 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reopen Request button allow for all users

HI ALL.
That, are you have't this issue?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Alex,
I have tried to find a solution for this, Also I spoke with a PPM Consultant from HP, He told there is no direct easy solution for this, He told that JSP Pages need to be modified a lot, So we left to pursue this.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

In earlier version of PPM the access to the reopen button was connected to the right to cancel a request. In past only those users able to cancel were able to reopen. This has changed in 7.5(?) and we had to disable the reopen function for several requests. To date it cannot even be limited to admin users and according to HP support this is the intended behaviour...
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector

You can with a modification in RequestDetail.jsp. Not a big change, you can connect the reopen with the cancel or delete permission with a single line of code. see how delete or cancel button is rendered and youll see an easy way to add a sentence to the reopen button
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Carlos,thanks.
But in this case next SP remove this change.
But this wery interesting.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Carlos Jose Gom
Super Collector
Solution

I dont have the PPM instance here now but from my memory.... the code more or less is like the following for the cancel and reopen buttons:

//Original Code
<%
if (requestCtrl.isCanCancel()) { %>
//Code rendering cancel button
<% } else if (requestCtrl.isCanReopen()) {%>
//Code rendering reopen button

Possible option for connecting cancel permission with reopening
<% } else if ((requestCtrl.isCanReopen()) && ((requestCtrl.isCanCancel()))) {%>
//Code rendering reopen button

In this way you must have active the reopen option and the user authenticated must have cancel permission to see the reopen button.

Next SP can or no change this jsp,it depends of patch content, but if you need that option... have your changes controlled ;)

Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks,
i try this!
hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

Did this solution work!, would really appreciate if someone could send me the exact codeline:)
hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

bounce..
Semenov were you able to make this work?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event