The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming a Request

Highlighted
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Renaming a Request

What is the best process for renaming a request type in production? I know that if you migrate a request to production, it sees it as a new request. Is it best to rename the request in production first, then migrate the renamed request into production?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Re: Renaming a Request

I forgot to mention. I want to rename to it's original name. For example, the original name is 'ABC - Request'. The request got updated and moved into production with the name 'ABC - Request (New)'. I want to name it back to 'ABC - Request'.

There are still outstanding request of with both names.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Hi,
All the Request Type Operations happen through 'Request Type ID' and not through 'Request Type Name'.

I hope you can change the name directly in Production without any issues. I have done in the past.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

"Is it best to rename the request in production first, then migrate the renamed request into production?"

I hope the ave statement should be like the one below

"Is it best to rename the request in QA first, then migrate the renamed request into production?"

If you do like this... then the Renamed request type in QA will move as a new entity into PROD.

Thanks

Regards,
Mahendran M
frank chiang
Super Collector

Try to rename the one in Production with a version number (i.e ABC - Request v1.1), then migrate the latest version to Production with its original name.

You might also want to check for any porlet or query or customizations that reference to the request type name "ABC - Request" because you now have to take into account for all request types like "ABC - Request%".
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I'll give it a try!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event