Remember My Logon Problem Once Again

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sevilay
Collector

Remember My Logon Problem Once Again

Hi,

i posted the same problem for 2 months ago and closed the thread.But unfortunately ,i have made a mistake.Because our users want the ppm to remember their logon name and even password when they quit the ppm with "signout".PPM remember the logon only the user close the program without signout.But in that case it enters the ppm without asking to confirm the username and password,automatically loggin.

How can i do this ? Enable the ppm remember the logon (and optionally password).

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember My Logon Problem Once Again

Hi.
It is basically a browser setting/the decision of the user. I have seen this working, my own browser never asked me for PPM, it did here in the ITRC forum though.
Savest way would be to implement SSO of course.
What remember my login does is basically setting a persistent cookie instead of one that only lives as long as the browser session is open. Signout always kills the cookies. That is security relevant of course. If you access PPM from a PC that is not your own, you want to make sure you can completely, savely log out.
Sevilay
Collector

Sascha ,

our sap application remember my logon and password but ppm doesn't.

I use the same machine and the same browser.
This is not relevant to session properties,i think it is abaout ppm config.

Thanks .
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

PPM Config stores nothing when it comes to PPM username or password.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sevilay
Collector

Hi Mahen,

so what is related to ?

We are using ppm 7.5

Don't you encounter the same problem ?

Thanks.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

As per our company policy we are barred from saving password. So 'Save Password' check box is not present in our login page.

As soon as I place the cursor in the Username area, it gives the username which was logged in the past.

I don't have much idea on this, sorry about that. If you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or Opera browsers, It has options to save username and password.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sevilay
Collector

Thanks Mahen.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you are right and PPM is designed to not allow that. It is nothing that can be configured though. Even editing logoncontent.jsp would not help, because there is no attribute "autocomplete=off" to the password field.
Probably the best and most secure way is to go for SSO, users love it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event