Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

References between a proyect created in a request, and the request.

Highlighted
mvillalobos
Regular Collector

References between a proyect created in a request, and the request.

Hello

I am creating a Proyect in an Execution workflow step from a request.

The project is created with all the info of the request, but there is no references beteen the project and the request.

Is there any way to reference them in the execution step?

9 REPLIES
mvillalobos
Regular Collector

Re: References between a proyect created in a request, and the request.

The problem is that if i enable the reference  group in the Request heder type it does not work.

If i enable this group in the project header type, (i have enabled the PFM Too)the name project fails because in the other group there is a similr name.

If i change the name "proyect:" for "proyect" it does not work

Thank you

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcos,

could you please indicate which version PPM you are running and whether you are getting any errors in the serverlog when creating the project?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Dirk

mvillalobos
Regular Collector

Hello dirkf

The executions step has no errors. It works properly but when the project is created, there is no refernce between the request and the project.

I don know if this is normal or if there is a way to create the reference automatically

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcos,

when you create a project from a request there should be reference created. I assume that you are using the ksc_copy-command. ARe you in any way referencing the relationship between the request and the project-to-be, thus the following two parameters:

CREATE_REFERENCE="[CREATE_REFERENCE]" REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP="[REFERENCE_RELATIONSHIP]"

I found one issue which in 8.0 pre-release used a default relationship but I believe that this was fixed. If you have the notion that you have configured this correctly, I would otherwise advise to log a support request with PPM-Support.

Best regards,

Dirk

mvillalobos
Regular Collector

Hello Dirk,

To create the project i am using the ksc_create_project comand, and it works fine, it creates a new project with all the info of the request, all the info but the reference between the request and the project. :s

Thank you.

mvillalobos
Regular Collector

This is the log.. 

Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject -projectName "11_0259_VIC0103_HOU" -projectTypeName "AST - Proyecto con propuesta" -startDate "30934" -endDate "30986" -projectManager "100081" -region "100001" -requestID 30764 -userID 1 -userName "admin"

The following Command Step is not subject to timing out: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject

Configuring connection... Ready to create project from Project Type: AST - Proyecto con propuesta Project created successfully with new ID = 30157 Done creating project "11_0259_VIC0103_HOU"

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Marcos,

I would create a support case letting us know the full command that you run with all params. There IS a known issue for this for 7.1:

QCCR1L4882 when using ksc_create_project reference to request isnt created on the project

but this has been solved in 7.5 and should therefore not be applicable in your case (except if you ARE on 7.1)

Best regards,

Dirk

mvillalobos
Regular Collector

Thank you Dirk

I created a support case with the full comand, screenshots of the workflow, the request and the project reated and so on.

I will write here the solution of support.

mvillalobos
Regular Collector

Hello again

I have restarted the PPM because the sesion timed out with the workbench opened and the surprise is that when i create a project now the references are created :smileysurprised:

It is very strange, but now it works.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Thank you again

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event