cancel

Reactivating completed work plan

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Steph I
Regular Contributor.

Reactivating completed work plan

I have PPM 7.5. Does anyone know if you can reactivate the work plan if it's been completed? I don't seem to have an option to do that, but wanted to verify. It doesn't seem like the work plan and the project are linked. The work plan can be completed and the project workflow can be at any status. Anyone know if they can be linked?
3 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Reactivating completed work plan

Your Project should not be Closed/Cancelled.
If it is closed, Kindly try to re-open it. The workplan will be activated.

If your project is active, please go into Master project line and change the status, specific tasks are also need to be opened this way.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Workplan and project workflow can be linked, there are some commands to set the status of a workplan from the project's workflow. However is the tasks and milestones in the workplan are all completed this linkage will not have an effect.
You can set them back manually though by selecting all the tasks and then use the menu to change the status back to ready. Actuals will be lost that way of course.
Steph I
Regular Contributor.

Thank you for the response. I found that when I tried to reactivate one of the line items besides the line item 0 (the project line), it worked to reactivate. It did keep the time that was assigned through time entry, just none of the time associated through the tasks.