Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Re: Error 500: Unknown error - when creating RequestsOptions

Highlighted
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

We are experiencing Error 500: Unknown Error.  No changes have been made to our request type since the begining of 2011 from what I am seeing.  I am a new developer on this request type so I have been trying to understand the request itself.  I dont see any field groups defined, there are inactive fields in the header type with all validations still active and they come up when opened.  The security group is ok and made sure my security group as Admin is part of the step we are trying to hit.  Below is the log file contents:

The only change we did was an upgrade on ALM and SP4 patch back in November '11

ERROR JSESSIONID=1196EAC7A43D3408338273033E603970.kintana; server:http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor23:com.kintana.web:2012/02/09-15:47:31.986 PST: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.kintana.wf.packet.WFStatusPanelQueryPacket.isUserAuthorizedForLineStep(WFStatusPanelQueryPacket.java:561)

at com.kintana.crt.util.RequestBatchUpdateUtil.performWfEvent(RequestBatchUpdateUtil.java:380)
at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestLookaheadController.lookahead(RequestLookaheadController.java:834)
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.ActionMonitorFilter.doFilter(ActionMonitorFilter.java:82)
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(HibernateSessionFilter.java:88)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MLUFilter.applyFilter(MLUFilter.java:110)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.applyFilter(ValidationFilter.java:145)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.stinger.ValidationFilter.doFilter(ValidationFilter.java:80)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.MultipartRequestFilter.applyFilter(MultipartRequestFilter.java:108)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.applyFilter(ControlFilter.java:851)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.ControlFilter.doFilter(ControlFilter.java:1339)
at com.mercury.itg.servlet.I18NFilter.doFilter(I18NFilter.java:40)
 at com.kintana.core.web.filter.Log4jFilter.applyFilter(Log4jFilter.java:51)
at com.kintana.core.web.filter.PerformanceFilter.applyFilter(PerformanceFilter.java:57)

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

4 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I think you should look for extra messages in the log - it looks like there may be a problem with the database.

Also, how did you check for the last update on the request type?

Cheers
Alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Sascha_1
Super Contributor.

Hi Tweed,

sometimes we got the same issue trying to open another request (referenced) from an existing request. We analysed the problem and found out, that one of the specified auto complete list fields (SQL-based) has a wrong entry stored.

After changing the values (parameter, visible_parameter) of the field, the request works! So, i would suggest to check your request fields again. Maybe you enter wrong data by an request type rule...

Best Regards,
Sascha
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

Thank You I will also try this too. I greatly appreciate your response.
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

The admin prior to me was real good about updating the last change date as part of the description.