Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Edit Error (Unable to do QUICK EDIT)

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Quick Edit Error (Unable to do QUICK EDIT)

I am trying to do a Quick Edit in our TEST environment. I selected the Request Type did an advance search selected the custom drop down field for editing and then checked all but the the quick edit button is not highlighted and I cannot perform a quick edit. My account has all the access grants. Is there a setting that i need to turn on to perform a quick edit. I read through the DM UG also and followed every step but the quick edit button is never highlighted and I cannot do a QUICK EDIT.
7 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Edit Error (Unable to do QUICK EDIT)

Hi,
it also depends on the status and the status dependencies of the fields you selected as columns. You should the quick edit and mass update function for requests of one type and which have the same status.
I have also seen problems with mass update when I select more columns than I want to update. From my experience best way is to chose request#, status and the column to be updated and limit it to a status where the field is editable.
Raka_1
Collector

I set the status same for all the requests and also the field is editable all the time. I did update the validation list for this particular field getting rid of some old values. but i am not able to do quick edit to any of the other fields
Raka_1
Collector

Also this field is a drop down list not an auto complete list
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

That'sreally strange then. It should look like this (atachment).
I have chosen one request type then "advanced search", one status (not submitted) and as columns req#, the dropdown field to be edited and the status of the request.
Raka_1
Collector

I am doing exactly what you said but it is not being highlighted at all. What setting should I look into from the server side to see what the real problem is.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

When select the request with the checkbox in the first column, the system checks if it should display the quick edit/mass edit options for the current combination of selected requests. It does so after each selection.
Maybe this check is taking too long/you are too fast?
Raka_1
Collector

I tried that also. Now we are having problems with some Projects in Prod. The financial summary is missing from the Database itself. There are some projects where the financial summary is deleted.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event