Re: Question about Resource Pools and Resource Availability
I've found several incidents where the problem was due to the separator of the regional settings in the users profile - Menu - Open - Administration - Edit my profile. If the user has a seperator that is comma, not period, then this issue might occur. Can you please check if you have the same issue when logging in with either a user that has English set in the profile or change the affected users profile to use english regional settings?
1) Please provide a short problem statement: Currently the "Modify the Resource Participation across Resource Pools" Entry form is not allowing any decimal points in the time allocation field.
2) When does the situation occur? Please describe an actual scenario from the customer's current environment. Internally one man-year is 195 man days. As PPM uses the actual working days we have to use less then 100% allocation.
3) How is the situation currently handled or resolved? What work around is used today? The database table "rsc_rp_distribution_entries" can store decimals so we can adjust the table data accordingly. Then PPM also calculates the capacity correctly.
4) What is unsatisfactory about the current situation and why? The decimals can only be managed by manual sql-based adjustments
5) What is the required functionality to meet that will enable the described scenario? It should be possible to enter the decimals in the entry form as the PPM data model allows this anyway.
6) What and how many users, administrators and non-PPM systems play a role in this use case? The whole organisation
If so and it DOES reflect your needs, please submit your email to the notification list. It might just be - unlikely as it sounds, that an increased customer base for this ER might make RnD reconsider.