Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Resource Pools and Resource Availability

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Question about Resource Pools and Resource Availability

I need to update some users to a 35 hour week for planning so this would equate to 87.5 % available and 12.5 % non-workload which will give the right number of hours.

For this, I receive message "0 decimals allowed according to regional settings".

Is there a setting somewhere to allow decimals in resource availability percentage?

I looked through the Resource and Administrtion guides, but did not find anything.

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Resource Pools and Resource Availability

Hi Marlene,

I've found several incidents where the problem was due to the separator of the regional settings in the users profile - Menu - Open - Administration - Edit my profile. If the user has a seperator that is comma, not period, then this issue might occur. Can you please check if you have the same issue when logging in with either a user that has English set in the profile or change the affected users profile to use english regional settings?

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Dirk

Yes, I was able to replicate, and I have English set under Regional settings.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Marlene,

can you please check if the following Enhancement Request WOULD suit your purposes (if it hadn't been deferred) - it does seem so:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L39343

1) Please provide a short problem statement:
Currently the "Modify the Resource Participation across Resource Pools" Entry form is not allowing
any decimal points in the time allocation field.

2) When does the situation occur? Please describe an actual scenario from the
customer's current environment.
Internally one man-year is 195 man days. As PPM
uses the actual working days we have to use less then 100% allocation.

3) How is the situation currently handled or resolved? What work around is used
today?
The database table "rsc_rp_distribution_entries" can store decimals so we can adjust the table data accordingly. Then PPM also calculates the capacity correctly.

4) What is unsatisfactory about the current situation and why?
The decimals can only be managed by manual sql-based adjustments

5) What is the required functionality to meet that will enable the described
scenario?
It should be possible to enter the decimals in the entry form as the PPM data model allows this anyway.

6) What and how many users, administrators and non-PPM systems play a role in this use case?
The whole organisation

If so and it DOES reflect your needs, please submit your email to the notification list. It might just be - unlikely as it sounds, that an increased customer base for this ER might make RnD reconsider.

Best regards,

Dirk

Solution

I have found that this is fixed in SP2, so in process of getting that installed.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event