The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on KCRT_REQUESTS_INT package

Highlighted
RRK_19
Regular Collector

Query on KCRT_REQUESTS_INT package

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience working on / using KCRT_REQUESTS_INT.RUN_INTERFACE ? Can you share it?

I need to know how this procedure can be called / invoked from a user created procedure / function.

Thanks,

Roopesh Kumar

5 REPLIES
TurboMan

Re: Query on KCRT_REQUESTS_INT package

Hi,

We are on the PPM 9.14 and no such a package (KCRT_REQUESTS_INT)  available in the ORACLE system?

What version of PPM are you using?

RRK_19
Regular Collector

Hi,

We are currently using PPM 7.1, but we will be upgrading it to 9.1 early next year.
Are you having Import Requests report, because this KCRT_REQUESTS_INT.RUN_INTERFACE will be used there?

Thanks,

Roopesh

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Can you describe the problem you are trying to solve?

We use two methods to create requests automatically. Workflows that need to start up a child request use the ksc_copy_request special command. External applications use Web Services to create and manage requests in PPM. These two methods have the advantage of being documented and supported interfaces whereas database procedures are not intended for customer use. In some cases we have reverse engineered a database procedure and have used it in a custom process but only when there were no viable alternatives in the standard product.

I do not know if the special command was available in 7.1. We started using it with 7.5. Web Services have been substantially improved in 9.14 over the capabilities in previous versions. I would suggest that you upgrade to the current level before implementing this feature.

RRK_19
Regular Collector

Hi Jim,

Can you please tell in detail how to use Web Services to create and manage requests in PPM from External applications ?

What web service are you using??

is the kncrt_requests_int package is not avilable in PPM 9.1 version?

Thanks,

Roopesh Kumar

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Web Services are documented in the Web Services Guide and the Web Services Programmers Guide. Both are on the HP documentation page (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals).

I do see a package named KCRT_REQUEST_INT on our database. We are running level 9.14.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event