Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging dependencies

Highlighted
sangliraja
Regular Collector

Purging dependencies

Hi,

I am in PPM 9.3 and was trying to purge a year old data for particular proposal and project type. Everything was better in the purging screen as i was able to select the correct proposal and project types. But when i run it, the projects are not getting deleted saying it is dependent on proposal. So i tried deleting the proposal and it shows msg that it is dependent on project. i tired both together and it is same message.

Did anyone had successfully purged old proposals and projects

thanks

Sangiliraja.P

3 REPLIES
Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Re: Purging dependencies

Hi Sangiliraja,

Did you try to delete both Proposals and Projects at the same time, in one Purge run?

PPM Purging tool will not let you delete anything as long as it still holds reference to some object that will not be deleted.

This is a safety mechanism to ensure that no purging could generate dirty data and endanger your system data consistency.

But if all referenced objects are also scheduled for deletion during the same purge run, then they should be properly deleted all together.

sangliraja
Regular Collector

Hi,

I have added proposals, projects and staffing profiles all together in purge run and it still pops-out dependency between staffing profile or proposal or project.

Have you successfully purged some projects or proposals?

Thanks

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi,

Did the dependencies that popped up referred to entities that were also scheduled for purging?

One thing to understand about PPM purging is that it's not aimed at deleting a small, specific set of objects, because there are lots of entities relations in PPM, and the purging tool will prevent deletion of any entity with relations to live entities not scheduled for deletion.

The most efficient way to use it goes along the lines of "Delete everything that was create more than 3 years ago".

If you try to do stuff like "delete all projects created by user X", then it's very likely that there'll be plenty of references to live objects that will prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Etienne.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event