In previous version (7.5 sp3) only few proposals use to get failed.
But in this version all the proposals are geting failed, but they are creating projects successfully.
Failed proposals are not creating 'Snapshots'.
But proposals created by admin user are only closing successfully.
For now we are using an workaround, we are including 'admin user' in 'Operational Project leader' field then the Proposal is getting closed successfully and automatically creating Snapshots in Financial Summary.
In the attached server logs.. the reason for failure seems to be due to attached staffing profile.
So for testing purpose... either try to create the project without staffing profile OR put this execution step at the inital phase of the workflow and then try to create the project without staffing profile.
Cheers.. Utkarsh Mishra
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
I think we are getting closed to solution but there are still missing small details:
1) According to the log file, you have a staffing profile problem but it is not related with the proposal problem. Only one staffing profile wich id 39504's data couldn't rollup by PPM rollup service. Please find this staffing profile and solve the problem.
2) According to the log file, you have encountered a portlet problem in the past but it is not related with the proposal problem too :) The portlet couldn't get data beacuse of calculation of the data take more time. Please try to refine your portlet sql.
3) About the log file, you didn't send us the right log file because there isn't any error about the proposal problem. Please try this: Increase level of debuging/logging level of PPM from workbench. After then try to run proposal "Create Project" step. After getting error again do not forget to decrease level of debuging/logging level of PPM. Send us this log file.
4) As far as I see, you don't create a transition from "Create Project" step to any other step for if failed. Because of that you are getting "prop_fail3.JPG" screen. But it's not solution for the problem, just an other problem.
5) In addition to log file (as I described in (3) ), could you please send us full screen of screenshot "exec_log2.JPG", It show a piece of screen ? And workflow of proposal ? And could you detail where you use "operational project leader" token in request type and workflow ?
IT Governance Professional & PPM Solution Architect
I have checked the staffing profile with id 39504. When I am trying to open that it showing some error. I am attaching the screenshot.
Also, I have found that staffing profile with id 39504 is not being used in the project. Whereas a staffing profile with id 39521 with almost same values as 39504 is being used in the project and that is being opened properly.
So should I delete the staffing profile with id 39504 if not needed.
But, is this staffing profile error anyhow related to the proposal failure issue?
Please let me know if you need any other information.