Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Promoting PPM object from one environment[development] to another environment[uat]

Highlighted
Wang guowen
Trusted Contributor.

Promoting PPM object from one environment[development] to another environment[uat]

Hi all,
I am having problem moving PPM objects i.e. project type/workflow/request type. from my development server to UAT server.I tried using
kMigratorExtract.sh but keep getting error message.
For example i have a project type named large project , what is the format i should input ??
6 REPLIES
Sachin M
Respected Contributor.

Re: Promoting PPM object from one environment[development] to another environment[uat]

Hi,

Why can't you use the deployment mgmt to do the migration from ur development Server to UAT server.

Deployment mgmt have OOTB objects type for Project types/Workflows/Request types.

Thanks,
Sachin
Wang guowen
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Promoting PPM object from one environment[development] to another environment[uat]

My development and uat server are in different location and network where they cannot "see" each others.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can export the object from the source environment and copy the exported object and manually move it to destination's transfer folder and do a 'Import only' option.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Cesar Roque
Respected Contributor.

Wang,

Wich error are you getting ?
Wang guowen
Trusted Contributor.

i figure out that the syntax of mine is wrong and fix it.

The following is a example, just in case anyone is having problem.

sh kMigratorExtract.sh -username admin -password admin - bundle -entityId 9 -referenceCode VALIDATION_1 -filename VALIDATION_1.zip

For exporting project type , we cannot use referenceCode , must use primaryKeyName.

Thanks for all the reply.
Can close this thread.
Wang guowen
Trusted Contributor.

as my previous post