Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project tokens PRJ.* does not work for workflow step security and notifications

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Project tokens PRJ.* does not work for workflow step security and notifications

Hi,

I can't get project tokens working for project workflow step security and notifications e.g.
[PRJ.PROJECT_MANAGER] - can't process project through workflow when security step to this standard token (can it be due to multi-select enabled for Project Manager field?) and do not show in notification message
[PRJ.DESCRIPTION] - do no show in notification message.
7 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project tokens PRJ.* does not work for workflow step security and notifications

Good Day.
For sending message to project manager you need use this token [REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]. I use this and all working fine.
For sending description use [REQ.P.DESCRIPTION]
Good Luck
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Re: Project tokens PRJ.* does not work for workflow step security and notifications

Alexander,
this will work, however how can I send message to all project stakeholders or allow all project managers (from project participants) to process project through workflow?
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Lukasz, Good Day.
Yes, you need use workflow notifications on tab "notifications" on WF step settings.This case need if you want send messege on event change project status.
If you need send mail on event change any field on project you need use tab "notifications" on request type settind.
If you need send mail from work plan you need use tab "notifications" on work plan task settings. In this case you must send mail to all project members:managers,stakeholders and other resources.
Good Luck
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,
I certainly know this problem as well. If you want to send notifications from the workflow to say the stakeholder you will need to have the stakeholders synced to a (hidden) field on the request (project details) there is a function to get the stakeholders in the database package pm_utils called get_prj_stakeholders that should do that.
Unfortunately there is no "nice" way to have that sync happen regularly to reflect changes in the projects stakeholders to the field on the request. If it is a distinct step in the WF you need to notify the stakeholders, have an execution step right before it, taht updates the stakeholders in the request.
hth
Sascha
Mikko Vesin
Acclaimed Contributor

Sascha,

does that work also other way round, meaning copying from project details fields several users to be stakeholders for that particular project?

cheers,
M
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi,

In 7.5 (I don't know about 7.1 or earlier) you can use

[PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROJECT_STAKEHOLDER]

to refer to the project's stakeholders from a related request, like an Issue or Risk.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Erik is right, those nested tokens should work in earlier version (6.x as well).
Updating stakeholders of a project from an external source like a request will not be taht easy as all the tables related to project management use the hibernate functionality. As far as I know you cannot just run an update statement on these tables. We would definately be interested on a solution to that as well.
Regards
Sascha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event