Project name not available when integrating between PPM and MSP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SaraInTX
Acclaimed Contributor

Project name not available when integrating between PPM and MSP

Hello - 

When integrating a work plan from Microsft Project to  PPM, I am having an issue with finding the appropriate project to link the plan to.   Some projects are visible (and I am able to successfully integrate their work plans), but not the one I need for this particular work plan.   I have compared Project Settings between a visible/non-visible project, but am no finding any differences. The project in question does not have a workplan in PPM

Are there any requirements  in MSP or PPM for a project to be visible for integration?

Many thanks,
Sara

8 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: Project name not available when integrating between PPM and MSP

Sara,

What are the MSP Integration settings for the project you are looking for, as compared to the projects that do show up?

SaraInTX
Acclaimed Contributor

I have compared all settings on the Project Settings page between my displayed/non-displayed projects, and am seeing no differences.   I'm just not sure what else to look at on the non-displayed project to allow it to display.

Thanks,
Sara 

SaraInTX
Acclaimed Contributor

To add a little more color to what I am doing....

1.   The MS Project work plan is a copy from a previous used (and integrated) project.

2.   When initially trying to save/integrate the MS Project plan, it tries to integrate to the original PPM project.   It errors out, as tasks that were in the original project are not in the new project.

3.   After the errors, I attempt to Refresh the association between the new MS plan and the new PPM project.....this is where I am unable to see the new PPM project in the list of available projects  (See attachment)

I have also tried a brand new MS project plan thinking it might have something to do with reusing the MS Project plan, and am getting the same result  (PPM project not available to choose).  This leads me to believe there is an issue with how the project is set up in PPM, that it is somehow different than other projects which are available for me to choose during the integration step.

Any help is appreciated!

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

How many projects come back if there are no filters in the search for projects?

kwood55
Frequent Visitor

Are you the Project Manager for the project you are trying to publish to?

For user accounts you will only see the projects where you are the project manager.

Try to push your schedule and for the login use an admin account.

For a PPM admin account you should see all projects.

kwood55
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Ok, I read your posting a little closer. The project is not visible after errors.

Try something else:

- With the MSP plan that errors out open.

- Cut all the tasks

- Select new in MSP and paste all the tasks.

- Save the new plan to your desktop

- close everything

- Open the new MSP plan from your desktop.

- Now try to publish to PPM.

SaraInTX
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you for the replies.

I have tried your suggestions, with no luck.

- Cut/Paste the MS plan tasks to new MS plan, and try to integrate.  No errors this time, but the target project still not available when trying to export to PPM

- Yes, I am the project manager of the target project in PPM.

- When there are no filters applied in the  "Select a Project" screen, the target project still does not appear in the pick list.

- I should not need an admin account (nor will I be granted one), as I am able to successfully integrate other MS plans to PPM.

Anything else you can think to try?   Project settings in PPM that would restrict visibility in the project pick list?

Thanks,
Sara

SaraInTX
Acclaimed Contributor

I just tried these steps one more time, to be sure...and it worked!!! Thank you so much for your input & solution!

Sara
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event