Did you mean: 

Project manager token notification from Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jorge Avendano
Super Collector

Project manager token notification from Issue

I need send a notification to the project manager from an issue request workflow. When I use the token [REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER] doesn't work maybe because the request type doesn't know this token.
So I tryed using [REQ="[PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROJECT_REQUEST_ID]".P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER], but the workbench doesn't let me save and show me the error "KNTA-10023".

Anyone has some idea about how can send a notification to the project manager from an issue request workflow????

Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES
Celil
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Project manager token notification from Issue

Hi Jorge,

I have done this in my project:
As far as I know, you couldn't call project manager by just use token. You have to create a rule in the issue request type that get project manager data from "Project:" field in the same request type.

You have to create two rule to achieve to get this data from "Project:" field which contain same SQL. First one will triger when "On Creation", second on will triger when "Project:" field "On Change"d.

I hope it is helpful for you.

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Jorge Avendano
Super Collector

Thank you celil,
Your idea was useful, however I detected that the problem was in the limit of the characters enable in the recipient token, because the limit is 80 characters.
Then I found a token that works so good.

[PRJ="[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]".PROJECT_MANAGER]

I hope that this token will be useful for other platforms.
Jorge Avendano
Super Collector

Thanks for every support.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event