Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Project Summary Portlet

Highlighted
cat_gon0208
Trusted Contributor.

Project Summary Portlet

Hi All,

We have a Workflow which allows a conversion of a Project Issue log to a Project Change Request.

After conversion of the request from Issue log to Scope Change, the request number still shows at both portlet which is incorrect.

Logically, if a request is converted from Issue to Scope change, it should show only in Scope Change and not in Issue portlet.

See attachment for reference.

Thanks.

Catherine

6 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Project Summary Portlet

Catherine,

You forgot the attachment. Can you also share the log files.
Niraj P.
cat_gon0208
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for your attention.

I have attached a screenshot of the portlet.

We cannot find anything on the serverlog. Everytime we are replicating this issue, the serverlog is not updated at all.

Thanks.

Catherine

penoles
Super Contributor.

What has the the conversion done? Since the request is on both portlet, it must meet both select criteria 

cat_gon0208
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

It will convert a request from Issue Request Type to Scope Change Request Type.

One thing we noticed is that once an issue is created it will be added in the

KCRT_FG_PROJ_ISSUE table, once it is converted to Scope Change, it will be added to

KCRT_FG_PROJ_SCOPE_CHANGE table but will not be deleted to the first table mentioned.

Possible that the portlet is fetching data from these tables.

Is there anyone from the group who has this same issue or have a patch to correct it?

Thanks.

Catherine

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Catherine,

Can you share the configruation changes done at your end to achieve this request type conversion? I can consider replicating this in our environment and see if I see the same issue as what you are seeing.

From your reply it seems that the Issues table is sourcing the out of box portlet to show the request entries which are scope change now.  I agree for having deletion step to remove the entries from KCRT_FG_PROJ_ISSUE, but knowing the configruation is critical.

You can email me at nirajprabhu@gmail.com if you think posting on the forum is not possible.

Regards,

Niraj

Niraj P.
cat_gon0208
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Niraj,

Thanks for the reply.

The conversion is done by calling a Stored Procedure and do an update statement.

The stored procedure is called in the execution step in the workflow.

Thanks.

Catherine