Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Status Reporting

Highlighted
Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

Project Status Reporting

PPM 7.1 SP4: I wanted to know the industry practices for project health reporting using PPM. PPM restricts Project Overall Status to be a factor of Project Cost/Schedule/Issues. Does anyone face a need to factor resource health/scope health into this status?

How are the Issues, Risks & Scope changes kept updated? I face many challenges in encouraging the Managers to keep PPM up-to-date, and I would appreciate if you can share some techniques you use to get the buy-in of PMO members & IT members.
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Project Status Reporting

What do you mean by "resource health"? Resource availability (or lack of)?

We're using the status report that came bundled in the Best Practices called "PMO - Project Status Report" It includes a request type that PMs can use to add whatever status verbiage they want and to over-ride the calculated health indicators if req'd. Then it runs a pretty report that combines the data from the project and that request type.

We also have a custom portlet that is used by mgt to view the status & performance metrics. Since this is real time data, there is incentive to keep your project up-to-date.
Jignasa Desai
Occasional Advisor

We have a custom indicator for resource health which calculates the assigned/total staffing profile lines.

I do not recollect getting any such report in Best Practices. Any idea on how can I get it?

Thanks for your help!
Bill Lozsi
Acclaimed Contributor

We do want to factor both resource and scope health into our project status reporting. We have not found a solution in PPM that enables us to do so at his point out of the box. It is definitely something we are struggling with as well....

However, I am curious to know more about the Best Practices called "PMO - Project Status Report" mentioned in this thread. This is something we have never heard of. How can one get this enabled to investigate? We are using 7.1 SP8. Any helpful information on this best practice and how to enable it would be fantastic!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event