cancel

Project Overview custom portlet

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Project Overview custom portlet

I am trying to add an additional portlet to our project overview page. We are running PPM version 7.5 in development, preparing to upgrade our prod env soon. I added an additional portlet to the project overview page, and in the SQL I use for the data source I need to use a token that will evaluate to the current project ID that the overview page is displaying. In version 6.0 I used an overview section with [SYS.PROJECT_ID] but this is not working in 7.5. I have also tried other tokens such as [PRJ.P.PROJECT_ID] [PRJD.P.PROJECT_ID] etc. I can not get any of them to evaluate to the current project ID. It seems that this hould be easy and I am just missing something here. Any Ideas? Thanks
8 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Project Overview custom portlet

Hi Mike,

Enclosing a Word doc on how this is done.

I'm assuming you're also wanting to add this portlet to the Project Overview on a project type so that it automatically shows up for new projects? Note that doing that will not update any in-flight projects with your portlet, only new projects created after your changes.

Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Erik,

Thanks I almost have this working. Now, when I go to the project overview, I can see the data I need for one of my projects (entity key = 84843) but then I entered a new project (which should have an entity key of 84844) but the overview page is still showing a key of 84843 even though I switched to the new project. Is this a caching issue? Or could it be a bug? Have you been able to switch between projects and have the etity key update correctly? Thanks again, Mike
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Mike,

Dunno. It works correctly here. We're 7.5 SP2.
Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Erik, Ok thanks I'll keep after it here. Thanks again for the info!!!
Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Closing thread
Mike Ramberg
Valued Contributor.

Update, I figured out my issue. The solution Erik posted works as long as the check box "Allow Project Manager to Override these settings" is set to yes for the Project Overview Layout section of the Project Type. I had it set to no thinking that I did not want PM's to change the layout of the page, but that also prevents the token from evaluating in the porlet I added.

Thanks again for your help Erik!
Bhavin Thakkar
Contributor.

Hi Erik can you please provide this document again please.

Kind Regards,
Bhavin
Erik Cole_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Its attached to my original reply in this thread.