Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Project Management => Project Controls => Submit a Project Issue

Highlighted
KimMel Briscoe
Frequent Contributor.

Project Management => Project Controls => Submit a Project Issue

When trying to submit a Project Issue from Project Controls it returns and error "Invalid Request Type (KCRT-40112). However when I log an issue within a project it work fine. Are these two ways logging a project issue unrelated? Or is there something disabled that will not allow me to submit a project issue using Project Controls?

Please help...thanks!
6 REPLIES
Jim Bowen
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Project Management => Project Controls => Submit a Project Issue

When I try this, it supplies the predefined request type for the project issue. In at least our instance, that request type does not exist.

In my case, I have several groups of customers using PM, and therefore has separate project types for each group. I have also created distinct issue, risk, and scope change request types for each. These are defined in each group's project type.

The result is that users can ONLY submit issues, risks, and scope changes from within a project, and can't use the links as you describe.

I have asked HP to provide a new screen, allowing users to select the proper issue request type, risk request type, etc. (This would look like the 'Demand'/'Create a Request' screen.)

Hope that helps...
Jim
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Project Controls are part of HP Best Practices package. You have to install the HP best practices before you can use it. Just go to bin directory of PPM Home folder and deploy HP best practices package.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Good Day.
This issue may be linked with project name.
For example if projecr name contait chracters <"> then you cant create any issues requesr from project page. If you remove this character then ALL FINE.
I use 7.5 sp3.
Good Luck
KimMel Briscoe
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you all for responding.

Best Practices have been installed. Also, this function works in my Production environment but not in my Development environment. I'm still not sure what the problem is.
KimMel Briscoe
Frequent Contributor.

Is there a way to disable the Project Controls so users will not be able to use that option to log Project Issues, Project Risk, etc. since we are using custom requests?
shygirl
Super Contributor.

Hi,

You have to modify the XMLs in PPMHome\conf\menus folder