The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Financial Data in Portlets

Highlighted
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

Project Financial Data in Portlets

The financial fields for our project are not updating properly in the standard "Request List" portlet. For instance, I can go to the financial summary and see a total approved budget of $75,000 but when I include the total approved budget column on the portlet its blank. I'm a little stumped as to where to look for this issue. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

Re: Project Financial Data in Portlets

I'm still trying to track this one down and my HP ticket has been open since 9/15 with no resolution so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to get a view of the SQL code generated by the Request List Portlet. I've turned on jdbc logging as suggested but I still don't see the query in the logs.

The data is correct on the financial summary and the project details. We do have rules around those fields on our request type - could those be interferring somehow with the portlets?
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

Turns out this was because the fields I was trying to pull in were part of out new forms implementation - not PPM standard.

Its not a PPM problem which is great but I ended up having to write a custom portlet to get the data I wanted as the default Project list portlet does not let you auto filter by current user.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Catherine,

Have you tried to make a new porlet list with the values you need??? Remember that in PPM 8 the approved value is stored into the table FM_APPROVED_BUDGETS

Kind regards,
Daniel
Catherine Curti
Super Collector

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I wanted the approved budget, total forecast and total actuals as well as some of the data fields in our form.

The request list will show the form fields, the project fields will show the financials but I didn't see a portlet that would do both for me. As mentioned, it also would not filter by current user and I wanted to use it on a pre-set module.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Shiwan
Super Collector

Catherine,

I am interested in this thread and have similar kind of issue. Just wanted to check if you are able to see OOTB Approved Budget field in Request List portlet.

I tried it out but didn't find Approved Budget field in Request List Portlet. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shiwan

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event