Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program web service

Highlighted
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Program web service

We are using HP provided Program web services to updated the Program content. Ever thing is working fine except for one scenario.

1. When we assocaite a Project/Proposal to any Program then its is assocaited properly (via web services).
  2. But when we remove this Project from Program and associate it with new Program then...... on Program side the Project is shown in the content, but on PROJECT side it is still showing old Program in "Associated Program" field.

Even after clearing the server and browser cache, still Project is showing old program. 

When I query kcrt_fg_pfm_project it is showing old value in "PRJ_PROGRAM_ID" and "PRJ_PROGRAM_NAME".

Has anyone faced this issue ?

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
8 REPLIES
randull
HPE Expert

Re: Program web service

Hi Utkarsh,

I am wondering if you are removing the project from the web services too?

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Yes, first I am removing the Project from Program and then adding it to another Program.
Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

randull
HPE Expert

Hi,

I guess you are leaving the link to the program from the project there, you don't remove this link when you remove the project from the program.

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Hi Randall,

PPM web services take care or removal or addition. We do not have option to specifically remove the linking.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

randull
HPE Expert

Hi Utrarsh,

Are you using the OOTB process to remove the projects from the program? I mean the removePortfolioContent. It should remove the link between the project and the program.

Thanks,

Randall

Best regards,
Randall

ADT
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am new to Program Web Service in PPM. Recently our PPM 8.0 is updated to PPM 9.x.

I am trying to update Program Name and my code doesnt work.

Basically what I do is I read the Program first (the read program part is working fine, because when I print out the result it actually shows the program details). However, when I run the update program part, ppm returns some errors.

So this is my code to update (I'm using the example in the webservice toolkit to update program):

private void testUpdateProgram(final ProgramInfo program) throws Exception {
System.out.println("testUpdateProgram started...");
final ProgramServiceStub stub = new ProgramServiceStub(context, serviceURL);
final UpdateProgramDocument doc = UpdateProgramDocument.Factory.newInstance();
final String programNewName = "Enterprise Wide Surveillance System" + "_Update";
program.setName(programNewName);

doc.addNewUpdateProgram().setProgram(program);
final UpdateProgramResponseDocument reDoc = stub.updateProgram(doc);

final ProgramInfo programRead = this.testReadProgram(program.getId().longValue());
System.out.println("New Program after update:");
printProgramInfo(programRead);
System.out.println("testUpdateProgram completed.");
}

and this is the error im getting:

Please kindly help me. I really no clue of whats this error is about. Thank you!

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Internal error has occurred while calling PPM Web Service. Contact PPM Center support with the detailed information if the problem persists. (KNTA-11186) Details: Missing required data: Expected "{http://mercury.com/ppm/pgm/1.0}userData" end tag, found "{http://mercury.com/ppm/pgm/1.0}userData1" start tag (line -1, col -1, in SOAP-message).
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:271)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
	at com.mercury.itg.ws.pgm.client.ProgramServiceStub.updateProgram(ProgramServiceStub.java:707)
	at com.velosoft.dbs.projectcreation.ProjectCreationAddProgram.testUpdateProgram(ProjectCreationAddProgram.java:268)

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

I think your user data 1 is mandatory feild in the Program. Make it non-mandatory and try to run the code.

Till PPM version 9.14 SP 08 this issue is there, HP fixed this issue in next versions. But for this you need to specifically set the user data object in the code itself.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

More details on this thread

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/Update-Program-Web-Service-Error-Please-help/td-p/6526260#.U7v7jPldWVM

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event