The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to create Reports

Highlighted
ramana.vkn
Collector

Procedure to create Reports

Hi,

Can some one tell me the procedure to create the reports and can the data be exported to Excel from reports?
12 REPLIES
ramana.vkn
Collector

Re: Procedure to create Reports

We need to customise new "Report Type"
ramana.vkn
Collector

Can some one help me in creating reports please.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Hi,

To create a custom report, you just need a script (pl/sql, jsp, whatever) that can query your data and create an HTML file in the reports directory. I think most of the stock ones are using jsp but you could create a sql script instead.

Here's a sample command for using a sql script and passing in some parameters:

ksc_local_exec [AS.ORACLE_HOME]/bin/[AS.SQLPLUS] [AS.DB_USERNAME]/[AS.DB_PASSWORD]@[AS.DB_CONNECTION_STRING] @./scripts/agpi_task_audit_report.sql "[AS.REPORT_DIR]" "[RP.FILENAME]" "[P.VP.P_PROJECT]" "[P.P_DAYS]" "[RP.CREATED_BY]"

In your sql script, you can use SET MARKUP HTML ON and SPOOL commands to create an html page from query output.

Hope this helps.
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Erik,

I have customized the report using sql script, but when I am running the report, it is throing the following error.

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-06550: line 3, column 1:
PLS-00201: identifier 'KNTARPT_TESTING_REPORT' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 3, column 1:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Could you please help me in solving this?
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Sure...post your script and I'll take a look...
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Erik,

I have attached the script
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

So you have created a procedure called KNTARPT_TESTING_REPORT and you're sure that your PPM db user has execute rights on it?
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Erik,

Could you please tell me if execute access is to be given to everything within the PPM schema (function/views and packages/procedures) or is there anything you want to execute outside the PPM schema?

If you could tell me the specific packages/functions/procedures or views we need to provide execute access to that would be great.
ramana.vkn
Collector

Can some one please help me in solving this issue.
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Yes, the PPM database user should have execute rights to all the packages/procs in the PPM schema.
ramana.vkn
Collector

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update.

I shared the script to our DBA and said the following, he says he cannot grant execute permissions on it.

That oracle error is saying that it cannot find the object KNTARPT_TESTING_REPORT, not that it cannot execute it, as it is a procedure or function after I had a quick look at your script, you are passing parameters to it as if it is a function/procedure or a package. So the object KNTARPT_TESTING_REPORT does not exist in the database, it either needs to be created with another script or the name of the procedure/function you are trying to call is not correct. As this doesn't exist, I cannot grant execute permissions on it.
ramana.vkn
Collector

Can some one help me in solving this issue please.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event