cancel

Problems module available to all users

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Acamargo
Respected Contributor.

Problems module available to all users

I created a user with ADMIN portlet HTML, then I created a module and pulled the portlet in the admin page for the module. Parametrizei that all users with security group PPM User will have access to reading this portlet, but the portlet does not load for users. They spotting the module but not the portlet. What is it?

6 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Problems module available to all users

Since the module is assessible to the user, I suspect that the portlet definition has user access configured restricting access. Can you check this?
Niraj P.
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

is there any error message or screenshot ?

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Acamargo
Respected Contributor.

In the security setting portlet, you want me to set permission for all users? Users can view the module. However, the portlet does not appear. And there is no error message. Simply the portlet is not displayed.

Thank you for the help!!!

Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Portlet permission can restrict the user to view it on the module. Can you make sure that the Portlet has atleast same module restriction, in order for your user to see the portlet when he pulls the module.

Setting permissions to all users would allow other unintended users to see the portlet, from Add Portlet when they personalize their dashboard.
Niraj P.
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Acamargo,

Could you please check open > administration > portlet definition > configure portlet definition , portlet access security.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Acamargo
Respected Contributor.

Celil.

Thank you!! this solved my problem. Congratulations.