Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problems after using Excel after XML Import.

Highlighted
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Problems after using Excel after XML Import.

Hi,
I have used Excel sheet for XML Import, but after the PPM Inserts, I disabled the Tools ->Add Ins 'ITG XML Generator'.

But my excel does not seems to work after this, I am not able to copy cells by dragging, And the Excel is working in a different way.

What setting I need to turn off?

Regards,
Mahendran M
8 REPLIES
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Re: Problems after using Excel after XML Import.

Hi,

I guess disabling Macros and removing .xla file from add Ins folder should work. Please give a try by removing ans restarting system.

its strange...

Jyotir
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Done, But no use.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

Can you Please send me the Add In for XML generator.
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

I was able to Import Requests using the Import functionality but I am not able to Create a Project it gives an Error2: Project Name Required. Is there something wrong that I am doing in importing the Projects. Can you also send me the template that you used
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

I hope you are not giving Project Name in your Rows.... For creating Project, Project name is Mandatory... Can you kindly attach the excel file here?

Regards,
Mahendran M
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

I am using the same Template that I got from this forum. Actually what I needed to specify the Project Name twice. That worked absolutely fine for me.
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is your Problem resolved?

If not what is the error you are getting.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Raka_1
Super Contributor.

Yeah the Problem is resolved. I was able to create a Project. Now I am having problems with setting environments. Does PPM support SFTP or the Secure copy 2 is the SFTP. If I do the migration with Extract only then how will it imported.