The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with workflow updates - step status

Highlighted
Cat_2
Regular Collector

Problem with workflow updates - step status

I am trying to rework our workflow and phase out an old step. When I pushed the new workflow out to TEST the legacy projects in that phased out step now have incorrect options. The "status" looks correct, but the action buttons and action help text are for another step. When looking in the DB, the status in the kcrt_requests table points to the appropriate status but the eligible step in the kwfl_step_transactions points to the incorrect kwfl_workflow_step. I'm not clear on how these got out of sync. Is there any way to fix this??

Correction...the workflow_step_id referenced in kwfl_step_transactions is correct. Yet it looks like the workflow_step_id assigned to my original step has been reassigned to a different step in the updated workflow - hence the confusion. Why would it renumber a workflow_step_id - shouldn't those be unique?

1 REPLY
Cat_2
Regular Collector

Re: Problem with workflow updates - step status

I figured out that this was due to the step sequence of the workflow. It surprises me though that PPM doesn't easily let you change the sequence.

If you are going to add or reorder workflow steps - how you do manage it so that the existing requests don't get out of whack?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event