Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Problem during adding new custom field

Highlighted
NaveenKumarV183
Regular Contributor.

Problem during adding new custom field

Hi,

when I am adding new custm field to Request Header Type  i am getting message (please find the attachment for message). Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar.

2 REPLIES
Loc_Nguyen_PPM
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Problem during adding new custom field

Hi Naveen Kumar,

- I think you are add exceeded custom fields permit.

- You should increase the maximum number of custom fields and try add custom field again.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Derek Giedd
Honored Contributor.

Re: Problem during adding new custom field

Unfortunately, you will not be able to increase the number of fields in the header.  PPM limits the number of custom header fields to 50.  You will need to either add the field to the details section or move one of the other custom header fields to the details section.  If you choose to move an existing field, you will need to reset all the status dependencies for that field and if it currently has data, you will need a script to move the data and clear out the old data.  Also, if you move a field, make sure it is one that is not in both the proposal and project, otherwise this data will no longer transfer when the project is created.

The header table has a column for batch_number but it is always set to 1.  So it looks like HP could implement this in the future by adding this selection and modifying the code to use the batch_number to identify which group of 50 fields is in use.  I have not checked, but I would bet that this has already been submitted as an enhancement request.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)