Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Migrating Request Type

Highlighted

Problem Migrating Request Type

We are currently using 8.0 SP1. I am able to migrate several request types successfully, but there is one that will not migrate and ends with an Internal Error message and the following:

Exception Correlation: GUID=18C9296B-F3FC-C5D8-F914-090424C28CE0
Generated Time=2010/06/02-15:50:27.136 EDT

This particular request type has @ 250 fields and is one of our largest request types.

Nothing is showing up in our logs or database for error messages.

Anyone have any ideas?
11 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem Migrating Request Type

Can you paste the whole Log file here?

Unfortunately there is no look up given to end users to see on the 'Exception Correlation'

Regards,
Mahendran M

Attached is the execution log. Nothing was added to our server log, so nothing to attach.

I tried using command line, and received same error when trying to migrate that way also.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

If you have HP support's assistance, Please open a case with them.

In the mean time, we will try to find the cause, can you tell me what is special with this request type.

In the destination does the Request type field 'count' is same as source?

Say if you are moving from XAT to PROD, does PROD copy of RT have >250 fields and in XAT Copy you have <250?

Any special commands in the request type? Have you given 'Replace Request Header Type' as 'Yes'?

I hope you have given 'Yes' for 'Replace existing Validation' and all replace as 'Yes', can you change all that to 'NO' and try to move that?

Can you try moving the request type to another environment and see whether the issue is persistent?

Regards,
Mahendran M

Yes, I have a case open with HP, but they have not yet been able to find the cause.

Yes, the Request type field 'count' is same in the source and target.

No special commands in the request type.

We tried 'Replace Request Header Type' as 'Yes', but it did not work.

We have tried migrating with both 'Yes' and 'No' for 'Replace existing Validation', and that also did not work.

Issue still exists when trying to migrate to another environment.

I have also copied the request type, and have the same issue with the copy. So it is not an issue with replacing something that exists/no longer exists on the original.
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

I would love to find the root cause if I have any small leads, for the leads, I have to actually see the Request type atleast through Webex....

But unfortunately we cannot do that..... Please see what is new with this 'Request Type', What change you have done in this environment.

Check up whether the request works fine in front end (Create Request)

If this does not help you. Refresh the request type with PROD Copy and do the changes one by one and try to move the Request type... You will surely hit a dead end at one point and that will help you in finding the root cause.

I am also in Version 8.1, I can import your XML Extract zip.... but company policy does not allow that :-((

Sorry I could not help much.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

You would have done some changes in the current environment, Please flush all those changes with a geniune prod copy(Take a back up)

Do your changes one by one, and try to move that to a different non-PROD environment, At one change, you will not be able to move.... You can find the root cause easily then.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Check to see if any notifications sent by the request type have a user id as the From. If so, change to user name instead. same with last updated by, change to last updated by user name. i.e. any sender that is an ID, change to the corresponding Name.
Lucci
Acclaimed Contributor

I have a similar problem but in my case I am trying to create a project from a proposal. Its seems to be limited to only one request type. I have copied and renamed the request type as still receive an error. When I change the project type or the request type within the original project type the execution works.

The only difference with my error message is that it states at the end:
Server Node Name: UPGR_DEV null
My workbench also lost connection when I updated the request type by moving the new Financial Summary field to the same section the previous budget field was in.

I am also working on an upgraded version 8.0 SP1.
Cat_2
Regular Collector

Did you every figure this one out? I have the same issue with a request on PPM 8.04. No logs, just a general failure on migration. Header, workflow, validation, etc. move just fine. It's only the request type itself that won't move.

kintanadan
Regular Collector

Gosh this sounds soooo familiar.

Could you please try disabling all RULES in the Request and retry your migration?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event