Go to solution
Highlighted
JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

Predecessor Dependency Conflict warning for Task

In PPM 9.12, there is a task with below warning:

--------------------------------------------

Predecessor Dependency Conflict

This task is scheduld to start on January 28, 2013, which is earlier than the scheduled finish of its Finish-to-Start predecessor xxxxx (finishing December 17, 2012) indicates it should, accounting for 30 days lag time.

You should check the cnstraints definedon this task or its summary tasks t determine and resolve the source of the conflict.

------------------------------------------

From my point of view, the date of January 28, 2013 does later than December 17, 2012 plus 30 days. I have no idea how comes this warning.

Any idea on that?

Best Regards,

Judy

3 REPLIES
penoles
Super Contributor.
Solution

Re: Predecessor Dependency Conflict warning for Task

30 days lag time may mean working day but not calendar day

JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

Hi Penoles,

If this is the case, how to set in PPM for working day or calendar day?

Judy
JudyZhu
Super Contributor.

I have just tested in PPM by creating new work plan and tasks. It seems that PPM is using working day for Lag to invoke Predecessor Dependency Conflict.

However in Microsoft Project , it is normally to use Calendar day for lag/lead time, specially when the work plan is automatically scheduled.

When this kind of Microsoft Project file is integrated to PPM work plan, there will be many Predecessor Dependency Conflict. In some case, it will throw exception when new Microsoft Project file with some existing task deleted being uploaded to PPM (This is another topic).

Anyway, is it possible to set PPM to use Calendar day for Lag time?

Judy