Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Portlet to update values on a request

Highlighted
mcwang
Trusted Contributor.

Portlet to update values on a request

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the best way to update values of a request by a portlet? I was researching the self-solve forums and came across a SOPs portlet that was an updateable matrix to update Out of the box values on a request. I want to be able to update a field on a request without having to go into each individual request. What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Portlet to update values on a request

Depend on the PPM version you use. The SOPs portlet you mentioned was available for 6.0 only I think. In newer versions you can use the request search to do what you want. In the result screen select some/all request and then use the "Quick Edit" option at the bottom of the results.
mcwang
Trusted Contributor.

We are currently using 7.1. and in my search results I see a "batch update" which allows me to update the same value for certain requests. I am looking to update different values for different requests in an easier fashion.

Thanks,
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK, the quick edit option came later then. I have added a screenshot, I think it is what you a looking for.
Maybe the SOPs portlet was updated for 7.1, the only version I still have is for 6.0. You could ask support if the can provide one for 7.1.
mcwang
Trusted Contributor.

Do you know what version the quick edit option is available in? Also, can you send me the 6.0 version if you have it? I wasn't able to get it from Support.

Thanks,
Michael
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mass update was earlier, I think quick edit was in 7.5, maybe someone on 7.5 can verify.
I'll attach the zip, there is a documentation included too.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm almost sure the SOPs portlet was available for 7.0 or 7.1 too, but I don't have it.