The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portlet preferences not available

Highlighted
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Portlet preferences not available

Hi,

I have a problem with self created portlets - their preferences are not displayed when put in the module. Therefore for portlets that need to have preferences set (required values for columns) a message is displayed:

This shared portlet cannot be displayed
because one or more required preferences are missing.
Please contact your dashboard administrator.

I can not find a place when this access can be set - it is not in portlet definition, module definition and there are no Dashboards specific access grants for security groups. I have set portlet and module read-only access for some groups - I want these groups to be able to display portlet and edit their preferences but not to edit their definitions.

I have some out-of-the-box portlets that have their preferences enabled.

Any ideas.

Thank you and best regards
Łukasz Czech
2 REPLIES
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Re: Portlet preferences not available

Å ukasz,

If the Module is configured to be distributed to certion users or security groups, you cannot change the preferences on the individual portlets. If you configure the Module so that it can be added as a Pre-Configured Page, the users will be able to change the preferences, but they will have to add the page to their Dashboard first.

Jason
Łukasz Czech
Collector

Re: Portlet preferences not available

OK thank you
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event