Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Portlet Developer Manual

Highlighted
Lukas Zielinski
Regular Contributor.

Portlet Developer Manual

Hello,

I am developing an entirely custom portlet for HP PPM. Is there official documentation relating to that subject?

More precisely my questions are:

- Do I have to include my own Oracle JDBC lib and query the DB directly or can I somehow facilitate the environment (Data Sources)?

- How can I get the currently selected Project for filtering?

Regards,
Lukas.
7 REPLIES
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Re: Portlet Developer Manual

Hi,

check the Creating Portlets and Modules Guide (CreatePM.pdf).
The answer of your questions depending on the type of the portlet you want to configure.

Your second question:
The project is stored somewhere in the database depending on the field.
The table for request header fields: kcrt_req_header_details
The table for Request Type fields:
kcrt_request_details
There are additional tables depending on the selected field groups.
Check the Technical Reference Manual (TRM.pdf on ppm 7.1 and earlier or data_model_guide.pdf on ppm 7.5) for details

Regards
Volker
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lukas,
Regarding your Question
- How can I get the currently selected Project for filtering?

You can add filters in your portlet. Every filter will need a validation. You have to write Queries in the Workbench -> DashBoard -> DataSources.

I am not sure what you mean by Oracle JDBC lib. All you need is a DataSource and a Portlet Definition. If you know how to write Oracle Queries, then you can do the rest very easily.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Lukas Zielinski
Regular Contributor.

Hm, yes. I think I have to find out about portlet filters. As in how to get the Filter Value inside the portlet code..
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Lukas,
I am not able to send snaps. I am not sure whether you have created new Data Source Under Workbench -> Dashboard -> Data Sources.

If you create one there will be a tab called "Filter Fields", In this you can create a new Filter, It will ask for name and a validation. If you want to give the Project name as input, Create a new validation and assign it to this filter. I hope you know how to create validations.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Lukas Zielinski
Regular Contributor.

Thank you for your replies.

I start to understand what you are trying me to do, however I am not using datasources but direct jdbc sql queries instead.

What I would like to pass down to my portlet is an init parameter, f.ex. like that in portlet.xml:

[...]

project_id

[...]

Is it possible to make PPM fill that value?

Om Prakash Acha
Trusted Contributor.

Hello
Portlet preferences are getting stored in the table dsh_portlet_pref table and it refers to the table dsh_preferences. but if want to directly inserting records into these tables, yes it is possible but, it is not advisabe to that, as the primary keys are generated dynamcally using hibernate technology, hence it may lead you a mess in future.

Thanks
Om Prakash
Om Prakash Acha
Trusted Contributor.

Hello
The exact name of the these tables are "DSH_PORTLET_PREFERENCES","DSH_PREFERENCE_VALS"

Regards
Om Prakash