Did you mean: 

Portlet - Barchart bar colors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Portlet - Barchart bar colors

How do I go about changing the bars in a barchart on a portlet to the colors I would like to use?
6 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Portlet - Barchart bar colors

Hi Tracy,

As far as I know, the colors cannot be modified. ITG/PPM uses an inbuilt tool for building the graphical portlets and the tool chooses its own colors. Not only that, you may also see that the same graphical portlet may show different color for the same graphs during different times whenever its accessed.
Tim Brandish
Frequent Visitor

When configuring the Portlet, there is a field called Color Source. If you have a list of colors you want to use, you can join them in your data source SQL, creating a color_source column then designate the color_source column in the Color Source field of the Portlet configuration. Values like 'RED', 'GREEN', 'BLUE' are valid. I have not tested it with html color codes, but it might be worth a shot.
Tim Brandish
Frequent Visitor

yes, I just tested the html color code (ie '#ff7200') and it works the same.
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I've got a couple of questions...My sql is not the best. Can you give me an example of what my sql would look like? Also, once I have the colors assigned to the color source, is it possible to assign particular bars to particular colors or will it just pick any color from the pallet I've pushed into the color source? Also, I'm working in 6.0.
Tim Brandish
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Ok, so let's take an example where you want to show number of requests assigned to each team in your organization. (Team 1, 2 and 3 - any other team will be included in Others) Each bar will be a team. The length of the bar is the number of requests. Each team has a team color.

In this example, you know you have a finite number of teams and you have a color in mind for each. Here is the SQL

SELECT decode(sg.security_group_name, 'Team 1', 'Team 1', 'Team 2', 'Team 2', 'Team 3', 'Team 3', 'Others') /* This is your Bar Source */
, count(r.request_id) Req_Count /* This is your Bar Value Source */
, decode(sg.security_group_name, 'Team 1', 'RED'
,'Team 2', 'BLUE'
,'Team 3', 'GREEN'
, 'ORANGE') color_source /* This is your Color Source */

FROM kcrt_requests r
,knta_security_groups sg

WHERE r.assigned_to_group_id = sg.security_group_id

group by sg.security_group_name

My team used 5.5 and then skipped to 7.1, so I'm not familiar with 6.0. Let me know if you don't see the color source field.
Tracy Crawford
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the help. I understand now.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event