The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned and actual resource effort by periods in the database?

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Planned and actual resource effort by periods in the database?

Dear all,
Does anybody know where in the database the information about daily, monthly etc. resource effort is stored?
I mean the info which can be viewed on the "Resource Usage" page in the project work plan.
I suppose that there should be a table or view with such data.

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

Re: Planned and actual resource effort by periods in the database?

Good question! I spent a couple hours yesterday trying to figure the same thing out. In version 8.0, there are some new 'xx_period_sum' tables that contain aggregated data. Since the 'Resource Usage' screen populates so quickly, I assumed as well that this data is stored somewhere rather than it going back to time sheets, etc. while populating the form.

If anyone has any clues at all, please share them here.

Thanks!

Jamie
Jamie Pick
Regular Collector

I've been searching endlessly for the resolution to this and still cannot find anything. I'm creating a custom portlet that needs the estimates and actuals by period, just like the Resource Usage screen does on the Work Plan. Anything? Anyone?

Thanks! :)

Jamie
Samuele_S
Acclaimed Contributor

Greetings Alexander,

Had the same question as you, try this table it should contains all the information about the effort of resources in all workplans:

WP_WORK_UNITS

Have a good day,

Samuele.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event