Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot Portlets - for Time Management data

Highlighted
kev marks
Regular Collector

Pivot Portlets - for Time Management data

We have just upgrade from PPM 7.5 to 9.12.

There is new functionality for the portlet types.

We want to create a Pivot Portlet with Time Management data. We saw screens shots of similar things from HP.

I searched all the release notes and HP standard Help pdf's, but there is nothing I can find on configuring/creating these portlets.

Has anybody used them yet, if so could you share what the end result looks like, and any documentation you have on them if possible.

Thanks

Kevin

9 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Pivot Portlets - for Time Management data

Hey Kevin,

I put together a pivot portlet to show time sheet data grouped by project, task, resource, and week which is a useful view, BUT...PPM limits the number of unique values for a column in a pivot table at 40. If the number of unique values exceed that you get an error message.

This hard limit at 40 is completely unrealistic as the whole point of a pivot table is to summarize a large amount of data. (Note that this is completely different from the 200 MAX_ROWS server.conf limit, which you can change) We have an enhancement request in for this if you want to tag along on it

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L25372

But I stopped development on the pivot as there is too much timesheet/workitem data to make the portlet functional for end users without "pre-filtering" the data to a level that no longer makes it useful. We just extract the data to Excel and pivot there.

Etienne_Canaud
HPE Expert

Hi,

There are many limits in the pivot portlets that were set in stone before 8.04 release (not just max unique values per column, even though that's the limit most often hit).

In PPM 8.04, we did implement an enhancement to let users change these max values in server.conf (details should be provided in 8.04 release notes).

Moreover, the error messages displayed when reaching one of the limits are more detailed: it will give you the current value of the limit you hit, as well as the value reached by your pivot portlet dataset. This way, you can easily see whether you can be within bounds by removing a few records or whether you are way over and should find some other way (such as export to Excel and pivot data there).

This feature is also included in the next Service Pack for 9.1 (SP4), yet to be released. 

Note that there's one slight difference between the versions: PPM Server needs to be restarted in 8.04 for changes to pivot max limits to take effects, while changes don't require a server restart in the version to be released in 9.1 SP4.

kev marks
Regular Collector

Eric,

thanks for the info, we are trying to use it for Time data also.

Can you provide some details?. like a couple screen shots of Full query and the Portlet configuration page.

I could not find any documentation on this and dont want to funble around. There are new concepts and I dont know how they are used.  I did build one example but I was getting results in the "list view" but not the "pivot view", maybe i was running into the issue you described.

thanks

Kevin

kevmarks@gmail.com

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Sent.
Raka_1
Collector

Erik-

Can you please send me the same documentation for pivot portlets.

jolly2912@yahoo.com

AShameem
Super Collector

Hi,

We are generating  a cashflow and would like to use the pivot portlets. Can you please send the same document to my mail id?

email: bishal.mandal@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Bishal Mandal

lokesh867
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I have this question that from which version a protlet type with pivot table can be developed in hp ppm ?

roxor

Hi,

pivot portlets were introduced in version 8.

Regards,

r.

imrikm
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello All,

Could you please share with me this TM pivot source.

(imrikm@gmail.com)

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Marcell

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event