The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Performance

Question: Does anyone here have a fast performing PPM Center installation? If so, what's your user base and what kind of hardware are you running on?

I'm on 9.14 on Windows 2003R2 (in vmware) and this thing is just slow. I've been working with PPM since version 5.5 and I've never known the GUI to not be at least somewhat sluggish. Any hints?  :)

7 REPLIES
Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

Re: Performance

it is getting slower every version:) hope ppm supports java 64 bit

patrick-sa
Regular Collector

We've had this problem recently on ppm 9.12.HP PSO advised we move our db to a physical box ,we're in the process of moving the db onto a physical box. At peak we have about 40 users online - concurrently.HP advised a couple of things ....increasing the service nodes and the listeners.

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

i just realized that jdk 64 bit supports comes with windows 2008 r2, does any1 tried it?

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

No, but I tried JDK 1.7 on a dev box out of curiousity...it compiled but I got some strange Java errors while starting. Went back to 1.6.

Kerim KILIC
Frequent Visitor

im thinking 64 bit support will fix most performans issues. give a try when found windows enterprise 2008 r2
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Thing is, HP only supports the 32-bit JDK.

penoles
Regular Collector

PPM 9.12 is certified to use a 64bits JVM running on  Linux Red Hat 5 & Windows Server 2008 R2 , you can find on the document

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event