The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent - Child relationship

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
sam.greg

Parent - Child relationship

Is it possible to have a field in the request available to denote it an item is a parent request with other items linked to it?
9 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Parent - Child relationship

Hi,
I hope you can have the Parent Child Reletion in Request references.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg

Hi Mahendran,

Could you please let me know the procedure to do this
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Create 2 requests before hand A and B.... Open one request A and go to the reference Section.... Choose the reference as "Request", a window will pop up..... that will have the condition as 'Child of this Request', If you choose this... then in the Other request B you will have the references attached automatically.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg

Hi Mahendran,

I hope I should have been more clear in my statement.

E.g, I have 3 requests A,B and C, where A is a parent request, B and C are Child requests of A.

Can we have a field in a request(E.g B) with will specify that the request(A) is a parent request and other requests are linked to it?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hum.... You can create a table validation, Or a multi-Select field and you have to write a validation which have the Query like

Select Request_id, Description from KCRT_Requests where Request_Type_id=12345

But if you see from the child request you cannot what is the parent of that request unless you create another validation to choose Parent Request.

To my knowledge, Creating Parent/Child reletion in request is best done through references.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Jyotir ++

Hi Sam,

I guess we can do this by using additional execution step with a function which will update the 'Relationship field' on child request.

For example once the request is spawned put one more step to update the 'Relationship field' for the child request.Even you can get the parent request id on visible parameter and parent request url(link) in hidden parameter , so that user can directly move to parent request.

Hope this will help you.
sam.greg

While running the reports, would it be possible (in searchs) to add the reference to the parent ITG number as a column showing the parent ITG?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

You want to Update the requests like the one we do like Batch Update?

If you have bulk requests you can write update Queries.

Regards,
Mahendran M
sam.greg

Hi Mahendran,

We have copied a report and added new field for pulling "Souce ID" from KNTA_REFERENCES, this field is a Auto Complete List (SQL), but if we submit the report based on this field it is not returning any results.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event