Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPMC logon issue

Highlighted
sandy_7859
Contributor.

PPMC logon issue

One of the PPMC user is having trouble logging in to PPMC, I have checked for his Application liscenses,security group, username/password.
To me Everything seems to be correct and there is no way he should not be able to log in.
Could you please guide me ASAP to help the user resolve the issue, he is getting the following error when he tries to log in:
Invalid username/password. Logon denied. (KNTA-10012) LogonUser for \ failed with error code : 1326
4 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPMC logon issue

How is this user validated? PPM? LDAP? Other?

Are other users with the same validation method also experiencing the problem or is this user's problem unique?

The most common reason for this problem is having Caps Lock set. Passwords are case sensitive. Then, repeated failures can lock out the user, or passwords may be expired.
sandy_7859
Contributor.

Thanks for your immediate response Jim.
The user is validated using AD(Active Directory ) integration and NTLM authentication mode. Other users are not facing the similar problem, they are able to log in. i checked in workbench, the user is not locked out, and I am sure that users password is not expired. Could there be any other possibility that the user is not able to log in?
Vinod Jadhav
Super Contributor.

I guess, if user is authenticated against Active directory, his/her account might have got locked on active directory server due to wrong passwords multiple times. Please check the status od account on Active directory server.

Hope this helps!
Vinod
sandy_7859
Contributor.

Thank you for your reply
The users account wasn't locked, there was a discrepancy in the username, now that problem has been fixed.