Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC Data Archiving

Highlighted
Brandon Kniffen
Super Collector

PPMC Data Archiving

We are exploring the option of archiving some of our PPMC data. We use an extensive amount of demand requests, and recently expanded into projects and proposals. On the demand side we probably see about 20000 tickets a month coming in. Over the past 5 years we've seen our database grow to an abnormal size and are facing some performance issues.
We are taking steps to fix the performance by doing a rearchitecture and getting all new infrastucture. That was long overdue. However, we want to purge and archive some of this data. Does anyone know of a tool or used anything that works with HP PPMC? We are looking for something that can be a long term solution and would allow us to schedule a regular archival of data on a timed basis (monthly, etc.). Is there anything out there that is available?

Thanks in advance!!!!
3 REPLIES
Cesar Roque
Regular Collector

Re: PPMC Data Archiving

Hi Brandom,

PPM doen't have an archival option, I think you have to do something custimized. As you I'm trying to archive my data, I think the only option I have is to delete some requests.

Brandon Kniffen
Super Collector

We are doing the same thing here, but looking for a more permanent solution. We are looking for something that will allow both purging and archival on a scheduled basis. It would be great to leverage something HP supports. Otherwise, we are looking for any good / recommended database archival tool that we could fold into PPMC.
James++
Regular Collector

Hi Brandon,

For archiving, you can create a PPM archiving instance. In this you can put all the archived data. It is the best approach for archiving.

As per HP, you can create 4 non-production instance, so licensing wont be an issue.

You can schedule the Environment refresh for the archival instance.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event