The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC 9.32 Resource Management - Resource Allocation - Clarifying Porrly Written Orginal Post

Highlighted
cABany
Super Collector

PPMC 9.32 Resource Management - Resource Allocation - Clarifying Porrly Written Orginal Post

In version 9.32 when I go to a resource pool it appears to default to the Gantt View for manage allocations. Resource managers all prefer the table view...

I have found that I can set a parameter on ther server to default to the table view for staffing profiles.

Is there some similar parameter for manage allocations?  I sure hope so.

8 REPLIES
kev marks
Regular Collector

Re: PPMC 9.32 Resource Management - Resource Allocation - Clarifying Porrly Written Orginal Post

HI, sorry I dont have an answer but i do have a question for you.

you said, "I have found that I can set a parameter on ther server to default to the table view for staffing profiles.",

we have been looking for a way to default the view, can you provide that server parameter?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

cABany
Super Collector

Re: PPMC 9.32 Resource Management - Resource Allocation - Clarifying Porrly Written Orginal Post

The parameter is DEFAULT_STAFFING_EFFORT_EDIT_MODE

Possible values are TABLE and GANTT

Can be updated through the Admin Console. Does not required a recycle of services.

kev marks
Regular Collector

Thanks for the reply,

I was looking for a parameter to control the initial/default view, not the Editable view,  

We have legacy view turned on and it defaults to the legacy view, but we want it to default to the New UI view.

CyCLoPs
HPE Expert

Hi Kev,

The RM can set the Resource Allocation Management view to table view and PPM will open in that view everytime....

Now It would be great, if we can understand how we can make new UI user friendly for RMs.

cABany
Super Collector

RE: 9.32... You said the RM can set the default on Allocation Management.... How? Can you list the steps please. thank you.

CyCLoPs
HPE Expert

Hi cABany,

First, you will need to enable Legecy view by setting ENABLE_STAFFING_PROFILE_LEGACY_VIEW parameter to true.

Now on resource allocation page you will see a "Table view" icon on right hand side top corner along with 'Done' and 'Export to Excel'

Click on "Table View" icon which will take you to the legecy UI for resource allocation.

Once you do that, you will always get the legecy UI on the resource allocation page.

As mention in my earlier post that product direction is to improve and enhance capability on new UI, hence we would like to  understand how we can make new UI user friendly for Resource managers.

cABany
Super Collector

That seemed to work well... Can you tell me what the parameter TABLE_COMP_USE_LEGACY

is used for?  There isn't a very long definition of it's purpose.

CyCLoPs
HPE Expert

That is for Table Component Layout within demand management...

With that enabled it will set the table component to behave like it was in PPM 9.12 and older version.

----

Apurva Mirajkar

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event