Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPMC 8.00 Reports and tables(CRITICAL)

Highlighted
Danreut
Acclaimed Contributor

PPMC 8.00 Reports and tables(CRITICAL)

Hi all,

I have a problem witch I must solve soon as I can. I need create report "History login and logout". HP Support says that the PPMC did not have tables for that report. Can I solve this problem or not? Can I create this tables?And How? Can I change Table ANTA_Websession_Keys or KNTA_Users_Session to save results and not delete. 

8 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: PPMC 8.00 Reports and tables(CRITICAL)

Hi Dan,

not quite sure what you require. The license usage report should give you ample inforamtion as to the license volume being used when and how and where.

If I'm not mistaken (correct me if so) you are wanting to run a report that lists when someone logs in to PPM and when this person logs out again. This would violate laws of quite a lot of countries in respect to data privacy in one way or another, that is why this feature is not and will not be implemented.

Best regards,

Dirk

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Have you looked at knta_logon_attempts ?

Danreut
Acclaimed Contributor

Some sinonims login(sign in) logout(sign out). This table did not have sign out infomation. And the sign in information isn't correct. The system write to the table when the user in the system.

Danreut
Acclaimed Contributor

I mean I want to save information when Someone enter to the system and exit(date/time).

Thank you

Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Danreut,

Could you please try these two tables:

KNTA_USER_SESSIONS
This table stores information about user sessions on the server. This table is
used when the WEB_SESSION_TRACKING parameter in set to true. It is
primarily used to track how often resources are used, how long it takes to load
them, if any errors are encountered, and so on.

KNTA_WEBSESSION_KEYS
This table stores web session keys that are generated each time a user attempts
to login using a web browser. This table is periodically cleaned up by a service.
The table is empty if this feature is turned off (default).

PS: If it work for you please inform us and click solved & kudos.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Danreut
Acclaimed Contributor

I've try to set WEB_SESSION_TRACKING=true into loggong.conf(com.kintana.core.logging.WEB_SESSION_TRACKING=true) , but it's not worked.

KNTA_WEBSESSION_KEYS is not displayed all I need information. And did not save history of session.   

roxor

Hello friends,

I have the same issue. I added this line

com.kintana.core.logging.WEB_SESSION_TRACKING=true

to logging.conf file. In the admin guide is written that changes in this file are dynamic and I should wait let's say one minute. No restart is needed. But it is not working. I have also restarted PPM and nothing happens.

select * from KNTA_USER_SESSIONS

is still with no results.

It is needed to turn on something? Debug mode for example? I have all parameters set to ERROR debug mode, so only errors are tracked.

Thanks and have a nice day.

r.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

we have a similar request from a customer, who wants to have a periodic report on the license usage for license optimization purposes. The best option is to make use of custom DB triggers which will capture the successful logon and sessions closing in a custom table.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event