Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM8.0 Workflow import error

Highlighted
Simone Di Somma
Acclaimed Contributor

PPM8.0 Workflow import error

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the import of a workflow from an environment to another, I have attached the log of the failed import, thereafter the error.

Errors:
Cannot save row to the database for entity

Workflow, table KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS, primary key 31021. Message from database: ORA-00001: unique constraint (TTK_PPM.SYS_C008454) violated ORA-06512: at "TTK_PPM.KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_TRIG", line 11 ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'TTK_PPM.KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_TRIG' {KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_TH-300} (KNTA-10641)

Message name: MIG_CANNOT_SAVE_ROW

PPM 8.0x in order to migrate notifications linked to a workflow create them with the use of a function contained into KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_TH that makes sulla vista KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS, che fa scattare il trigger KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_TRIG, that update KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_NLS, making the violation of the constraint.

Checking in homologation (environment of destination of the migration) the constraint SYS_C008454 is the one linked with the primary key of the column notification_id belonging to the table KNTA_NOTIFICATIONS_NLS. It seems that PPM tried to insert two rows with the same notification_id.

Any idea?
Thank you in advance,
- Simone

10 REPLIES
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Re: PPM8.0 Workflow import error

I ran into the same issue before. Check to see if the descriptions on the notifications at a workflow step are the same. The have to be different.
Simone Di Somma
Acclaimed Contributor

Thank you very much, I will try to change all the descriptions :)

I will you update about this if the workaround does its job!

Regards,
- Simone
kerimkilic
Super Collector

why not rename and migrate?
Simone Di Somma
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Kerimkilic, what do you mean for rename? If you're talking about the workflow's name I can't do it because it would affect the actual configuration of the system.

Regards,
- Simone
IBayraktar
Super Collector

Hi Guyes, 

I have same issue during migration of our workflow, but I didn't add any new notification to the steps and there aren't descriptions on existing notifications. 

Can you write more details about your workaround? 

Best regards,

Islam

Alexander (Sua)
Regular Collector

Hello everybody

Could anyone explain how to solve this problem?

BR, Alex
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi,

we had the very same issue. Unfortunately, we never figured out the cause, but we found a workaround:

- delete the recently added/changed notifications;

- save the workflow;

- re-apply the added/changed notifications.

You should be able to find the problematic notification using the ID returned by the error(31021 in your case).

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Arjun_K

Simone, 

Renaming the Workflow either in the Source or Destination environment still works better provided you have your Source Environment (Assume - QA or DEV) is refreshed with Destination (PROD) frequently. 

Idea is to have the latest entity in QA or DEV similar to that of PROD before we make any changes to it. Once the changes are done, we can either import it directly as it is OR rename it so as to avoid any errors as one you have mentioned!

Regards,

Mallikarjun.S

Warm Regards,
Mallikarjun.S
AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Mallik,

I don't advise on renaming the source or target or workflows, since this will generate a new ID in the database. This action will have a huge impact on any reporting which is based on entities IDs.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
TorstenNeumann
Super Collector

Hi,

I ran into the same problem today and solved it by deleting the notification in the target instance of PPM. Then I started the import of WORKFLOW_xxxxx_xx.zip again and this time the workflow including the notification in question was imported successfully.

You can find the notification by running

select * from knta_notifications_nls where notification_id = 31021

With the PARENT_TEXT and SUBJECT columns you should be able to identify the notification in question.

Good luck,

Torsten

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event