Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM75 re-configuring

Highlighted
pavee
Regular Contributor.

PPM75 re-configuring

Hi All,

I have installed oracle and PPM75 on same server, now my problem is I have changed the IP address of the server so I need to configure PPM75 with the new IP. And i got the new license for the new IP so plz help me how to re-configure installed PPM75 with license and new IP.

Thanking u all in advance

Praveen
7 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM75 re-configuring

Hi, if just the IP has changed and not the hostname, all you need to do ist to replace the license file and restart the system.
pavee
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for your reply, No its host name is also changed.
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Then you will need to look through the server.conf and replace the hostname there. Also, be sure to adjust the environments regarding the system with the new name, so package workflows will still work.
pavee
Regular Contributor.

Sorry for bothering u again.

My problem is

1) I want to change existing IP and hostname of ppm75. I think for that i need to replace the license file (I dont know how to do this because when re-configuring i am not able to see any license option and also location that where exactly it lies).
2) We have oracle setup on the same server and i want use the same as it is stored a lot of data and i dont want to do it again.

This is what i want to do.

I am very new to this so dont know much, Please help me in steps for doing this then I will be very gr8full to u.

Thanks & Regards,
Pravee
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, in PPM you need to do the following:
- replace the license.conf file (you got that from HP support) in the conf sub-directory in the PPM install directory
- run the kConfig script and replace all occurences of the old hostname with the new one (for both the PPM server and the database)

For the database, modify the file tnsnames.ora
I don't know if there is anything else to do with oracle. Maybe others will know.

If you have set up environments in PPM that contain the renamed system make appropriate correction in the environments-workbench so package workflows will work again.
Sangiliraja_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Praveen,

I think you are going to use the same schema in the same database. It is just IP getting changed. I hope you have the PPM folder dump in the new IP as well.

Now as told by some others, Just run the kconfig.sh and change all the occurences of old ip and hostnames and replace it with your new server details. No need to update anything from database side as it is not changed.

Make sure you are able to connect to the database from your new server.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
pavee
Regular Contributor.

Thanks all for ur replies.

I have changed the IP and hostname of the server. And also configured the oracle with new IP and it is also working fine. Configured ppm75 with the new IP but while starting it giving this below error

server:main:com.kintana.core.server:2009/09/02-19:11:21.062 GMT+05:30: *** ERROR: Unable to start HP Project and Portfolio Management Server (KNTA-10538)
server:main:com.kintana.core.server.servlet:2009/09/02-19:11:21.109 GMT+05:30: Configuration Error, can not access the Kintana server.
server:main:com.kintana.core.server.servlet:2009/09/02-19:11:21.109 GMT+05:30: Previous errors prevent the Kintana server from being started.

IS there any way to re-install only pppm application and use the existing oracle databse. I tried once but i am failed during the oracle setup it asks use existing schemas when i select its not going after that.

Please help me in this

Thanks again for all u r help