Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

PPM7.1 - HP SM7 integration: Request creation

Highlighted
RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

PPM7.1 - HP SM7 integration: Request creation

Hi,

We are trying to integrate HP PPM 7.1(Demand Mangement) & HP SM7.

I want to know all possible ways in which we can achevie this integration? Can you pls explain?

Our requirement:

- Capability to create and move requests.

Thanks beforehand for your feedback.

Regards,

Roopesh Kumar

3 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPM7.1 - HP SM7 integration: Request creation

Hi Roopesh,

1) OOTB PPM-SM: to create a change record on SM: A database triger can dedect if there is a new table record about change request type. If a new change request is created, triger will trigerred and can call a SM function that can create a change record on SM.
2) Databes Hardcoded: to sync: You can use two database triger at PPM database side and two function at SM side. Using another database triger to dedect if there is a change in table record about change request type. If there is a change occoured, triger will trigerred and call a SM function that can change appropriate field of change record.
3) HP ConnectIT: It is best integration tool. You can integrate anything with anything. This tool is a bridge between HP and Non-HP systems and has programmablility capability. Can consume web services vs. For more detail you can get documantion about ConnectIT from HP site. It's free.
4) MS BizTalk: It same work as ConnectIT. Additionally, it can dedect and warn operational person when integration get error. It's not free

Connect More Than One System:
If we consider formal integration (OOTB); only one bacuse of sm-rfc-mapping.xml file (in SM) has only one field definition. I mean this hasn't got any PPM server definition. You can define more than one server in ppmIntegration table (in SM) but because of the file, SM can not know where should send data.

My suggestion is;

if you just want change management than use OOTB PPM-SM,

if you want to make many connection than use HP ConnectIT,

if you want manage all your integration not just PPM than use MS BizTalk

You can find more information for formal integrations please check enclosed HP Solution Integration Guide.

PS: If the post resolves your issue/question, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
RRK_19
Respected Contributor.

Hi Celil,

Thanks for the info.

I have some more queries:

- Is there any restriction on version of PPM used?

- Is HP Connect-IT only for bridging HP and Non-HP systems??

- Is HP Connect-IT a web service? 3

- If not is there any web services availabe for integrating PPM & SM7 ??

Regards,

Roopesh Kumar

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Roopesh,

• About some restrictions: there is no development area in PPM. You can only consume PPM web services or access Oracle DB that's all. Code change does not recommended.
  • Can bridge any system but it's squat in integration world. BIZ Talk is the professional and you can do much more thing than Connect IT. I recommend it.
  • Connect IT is not a web service. It's a tool, for example you can match DB fields of two separeted system tables, or match tables fields with a web service etc. You can find more information in HP documents
  • PPM has lot web services that you can use for integration. HP SM has development area to consume these web services. Please check enclosed docs. 

What kind of integration you planning ? you can use OOTB integration (Change Management)

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect